Effective Date: May 18, 2021
DayoDating.com (“Dayo”), which is operated by Top Pointe, LLC (“Top Pointe”), respects your privacy. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users and we want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private and is used only for the purposes set forth herein. This policy details how data about you is collected, used, and shared when you access our platform and services or interact with us (collectively, the “Dayo Services”).
When you use the Dayo Services, you may be asked for certain personal information, including your name, email address, zip code, phone numbers, credit card information, occupation, hobbies and interests. Our platform also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser type and Dayo Cookie (defined below) information. As previously stated, we are committed to providing you a safe and secure user environment. Therefore, before permitting you to use the Dayo Services, we may require additional information from you that we can use to verify your identity, address or other information or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention, and similar services. Top Pointe collects data to operate effectively and provide better quality experiences. If you do not agree to our collection of the information, you may be limited or restricted in the Dayo Services available to you.
HOW TOP POINTE, USES PERSONAL DATA:
Top Pointe uses this information to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Dayo Services;
- Personalize the content you see;
- Provide Customer Service;
- Inform you of updates to our services, security alerts, and other support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Choices” below); and
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Dayo Services.
We gather information about all users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously. This information helps us determine what is the most beneficial for our users and how we can continually create a better overall user experience. We may share anonymized information with our partners, so that they may also understand how users and visitors use our services. We may use data stitching, which is the process of combining your datasets from multiple sources, to better track platform use. Our platform uses Google Analytics. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and uses data, or to opt out, click HERE
INFORMATION FROM MINORS
We do not knowingly solicit, collect, or share information from any individuals under the age of 18.
DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not respond to DNT signals.
When you use the Dayo Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- When you submit a post or comment to the Dayo Services, visitors to and users of the Dayo Services will be able to see the content of your posts and comments, the username associated with your posts or comments, and the date and time you originally submitted the post or comment. Although some parts of the services may be private or quarantined, they may become public and you should take that into consideration before posting to the Dayo Services.
- When you send private messages or messages, the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent. Please use caution when sharing information about yourself to third parties, as we have no control over how they will use the information you share with them.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Dayo Services, such as your username, prior posts and comments, etc.
- We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users’ personal information to third parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- We may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us. A complete list of the types of these third parties is at Appendix I at the end of this Policy. These companies may have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, and they are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information in which they come in contact as part of their services to Dayo.
- If you participate in promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with the Dayo Services, we may share information with entities that partner with us to provide these offerings;
- We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it is necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- We may share aggregated or anonymized information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you;
- We may share information between and among Dayo, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
The Dayo Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools that let you share content or action you take using the Dayo Services with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
Purchases on the platform will be through the Apple App Store and Google Play. Any information you share with Apple and/or Google will be subject to their respective privacy policies.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE OR COLLECTIONS
It is your duty to make sure that you keep your account(s) in good standing with us. If you have an outstanding balance, or if you dispute your payment to us with your credit card or financial institution for any reason, please note that all information collected from your activity on our platform may be disclosed to the bank and/or collections agency we work with for the purposes of establishing proof of users’ identity, proof of use, proof that service was provided, and/or collecting any outstanding debt owed to us.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”), we are required to disclose the categories of Personal Data we collect from You and how we use it, as well as the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above and in Appendix I.
The CCPA provides California consumers, defined as “natural persons who are California residents,” with certain rights under the CCPA. These rights are as follows:
- You have the right to know and request information regarding the categories of Personal Data:
- We collect, use, or share;
- The purposes for which these categories are collected or used by us;
- The sources from which we collect Personal Data; and
- The specific Personal Data we have collected about you.
- You have the right to equal service. Top Pointe will not discriminate against You for exercising your privacy rights under California law.
- You have to right to request deletion of your Personal Data.
To request access to or deletion of your Personal Data, please contact Top Pointe at the following email: [email protected] or via our toll-free telephone number: 1-888-928-3887. Any requests are subject to identity verification.
Top Pointe does not sell the Personal Data of our users.
Dayo is a worldwide service. We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Dayo Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights as you do under local law.
European Union; European Economic Area; Switzerland
In connection with Dayo’s processing of personal data received from the European Union and Switzerland, we adhere to the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (the “SFADP”) and comply with their frameworks and principles. Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with GDPR or SFADP to the email listed in the “Data Protection Officer” section below. If we do not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge to the International Centre For Dispute Resolution-American Arbitration Association (ICDR-AAA) based in the United States. Under certain conditions, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the E.U. and Switzerland. If we share E.U. or Swiss data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing of E.U. or Swiss data in violation of the GDPR or SFADP, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In connection with Dayo’s processing of personal data received from the United Kingdom (the “U.K.”), we adhere to the U.K. GDPR/2018 Data Protection Act (the “U.K. GDPR”) and comply with its frameworks and principles. Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with U.K. GDPR to the email listed in the “Data Protection Officer” section below. If we do not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge to the International Centre For Dispute Resolution-American Arbitration Association (ICDR-AAA) based in the United States. Under certain conditions, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.K. If we share U.K. data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing of U.K. data in violation of the U.K. GDPR, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In connection with Dayo’s processing of personal data received from Brazil, we adhere to the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (Lei Geral de Protecao de Dados Pessoais) (the “LGDP”) and comply with its frameworks and principles. Please direct any inquiries or complaints regarding our compliance with LGPD to the email listed in the “Data Protection Officer” section below.
In connection with Dayo’s processing of personal data, we adhere to the New Zealand Privacy Act. Please note that while Dayo strives to ensure the privacy of your personal data, by using the Dayo Services your personal data may not be given the same protection as provided by the New Zealand Privacy Act.
PROTECTION & STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is protected by physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. For example, we use SSL encryption to safeguard your credit card data when used in e-commerce transactions. In addition, we enforce physical access controls to our offices and files, and we authorize access to users’ personal information only for personnel who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. We strive to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial, and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing the username and password used in connection with your participation in the Dayo Services. If Dayo learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Dayo Services, you agree that Dayo may communicate with you electronically. Dayo may post a notice on the platform or mobile application if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach) you should notify us of your request at [email protected]
UPDATING ACCOUNT INFORMATION
Dayo allows you to change your personal information at any time. To do so, simply log on to Dayo with your telephone number or social sign-in, and you will be able to update the information you have submitted.
We also provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to receive these types of communications at the time of registration, but later decide to opt out of several types of communications at the time of registration. If you no longer want to receive them, simply change your preferences under Manage Account or communicate your preferences to us via email. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of the Dayo Services. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device. As a Data Subject in the European Economic Area, you have the right to request, access, rectify, withdraw, delete, and restrict how we process your Personal Data. These rights include the ability to review the Personal Data we have in our Information and Communications systems concerning you, the ability to make any corrections to that Personal Data, the ability to be informed of who that data may have been shared with, the ability to withdraw your consent for Top Pointe to process your Personal Data, the ability to request that we delete all of your Personal Data, and the ability to restrict how we process your Personal Data.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email [email protected].
Whether you live in the United States or outside the United States, Top Pointe is responsible for your information. If you have any questions, You can contact Top Pointe via the following email [email protected] or at the following address Top Pointe, 30 N Gould Street, Suite 20759, Sheridan, WY 82801.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at the e-mail noted above, our Data Protection Representative located in the EEA via www.datarep.com or our Data Protection Representative located in the U.K. via www.datarep.uk.
Types of Dayo Vendor Third Parties
- Web server hosting
- Data analysis
- Marketing services
- Security services
- Card and payment processors